All-shabab fighters killed in strong battle in Mogadishu
Mogadishu (Keydmedia) - AMISOM and Somali government troops attacked Tuesday morning one of Al-shabaab defense bases in Howl-wadag district in Mogadishu.
After hours of heavy fighting, the joint Somali-AMISOM forces seized strategic bases and killed at least two Al-shabaab fighters.
Howl-wadag district governor, who spoke to the media front line, threatened the fighting will be none stop till the extremist are defeated regularly.
Today’s fighting, which broke out early down also caused civilian casualties, but the number of the wounded and dead remained unknown.
Government troops dragged the bodies of Al-shabaab fighters.
Else where in the country, Somali military forces in lower Juba region in southern Somalia last night shelled Al-shabaab controlled Dhobley district in the region.
Share this page
- Somalia: Hundreds flee as clashes reignite in Balad town
- “We will not lay down arms and sit down with Ahmed Madoobe,” says Col. Barre Hiiraale
- Al Qaeda leader, Somalia-based terror group present new messages
- Two killed after Al shabaab militants ambushed Somali troops near Baidoa
- Kenya sends 91 Somalis to Mogadishu amid crackdown
Don’t steal content!
We worked realy hard to realize this website. We put a lot of money in this project. It wouldn’t be fair if you take profit of our investments. If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter, mail your friends or set a link on your website. But please don’t copy the article without permission.