Mortars hit on Somalia’ presidential palace
MOGADISHU, Somalia ( Keydmedia) – Witnesses say several mortars were fired late last night on at Villa Somalia, the country’s presidential palace in the chaotic capital, Mogadishu, the fourth attack in against the palace in less than a month, Keydmedia reports.
“I can confirm that numerous mortars shells have hit on Villa Somalia. I do not know exactly if there were casualties or not,” a local resident who lives near the compound told Keydmedia English News by telephone from Mogadishu.
The compound locates in a heavily fortified zone in the heart of the in the coastal capital of the Horn of Africa nation Mogadishu. The attack comes as President Sheik Sharif Sheik Ahmed out of the country.
Suspicion has fallen on remnants of the defeated Islamists, who vowed to launch guerrilla strikes against AMISOM, TFG and the Ethiopians whom they regard as illegitimate occupiers of Somalia.
Keydmedia.net - Mogadishu, Somalia
Share this page
- Turkish Airlines increases its regular International flights to Somalia
- SOMALIA: Govt displays former Al shabaab Intelligence chief
- Somali security forces seize cache of arms and Al shabaab members in Mogadishu
- MPs urge again the Prime minister not to reinstate EX-ministers
- Turkish President in Somalia to Launch Development Projects
Don’t steal content!
We worked realy hard to realize this website. We put a lot of money in this project. It wouldn’t be fair if you take profit of our investments. If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter, mail your friends or set a link on your website. But please don’t copy the article without permission.