Somalia: Heavy fighting between Gov’t, militants
KISMAYU, Somalia (Keydmedia) — Heavy fighting broke out in Somalia’s Qansah-Dheere town on Sunday after Al shabab insurgents attacked TFG and Ethiopian military positions following what the locals said was the fiercest one for weeks, because of militants’ mortars, Keydmedia reports.
Residents in the town told Keydmedia by the telephone that clashes and shells forced many residents flee from their houses as both warring sides exchanged heavy artillery fire and slight arms.
No casualties reported so far on either sides or local civilians. Ethiopia and Somali troops made a push toward positions held by Al-Shabab militants in southwest and central Somalia, capturing key towns and villages.
Calm has reportedly returned to the battle zones and the area is under Somalia and Ethiopian control.
Keydmedia.net - Kismayu, Somalia
Share this page
- Al-Shabaab abduct two Kenyan teachers from Mandera
- Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) committed to strong action against Malaria
- Somali PM sees risk to his country in Yemen strife
- Somalia’s al Shabaab kills senior military officer in Mogadishu
- Deadly attack targets UN staff in Somalia’s Puntland
Don’t steal content!
We worked realy hard to realize this website. We put a lot of money in this project. It wouldn’t be fair if you take profit of our investments. If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter, mail your friends or set a link on your website. But please don’t copy the article without permission.