UPDF peacekeeper killed over dollar
Nairobi (Keydmedia) - A UPDF Corporal serving under the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) is in the docks for killing his colleague over a dollar in the line of duty.
Katwesigye, aged 30 allegedly committed the offence at Fasta factory in Yaqshida district in the Somali capital.
The accused is attached to the UPDF engineering brigade.
Appearing before the General Court Martial in Kampala, he was on Tuesday also charged with failure to protect war materials.
Court presided over by Brigadier Charles Angina, the trial chairman heard that Katwesigye shot dead Mungyera using an AK47 sub machine gun on February 16, 2012 after he demanded him to refund his dollar but he declined.
The state alleges that the accused failed to protect war materials when he misused the ammunition he used to kill his colleague.
Katwesigye denied the charges and was remanded until June 5.
The state prosecutor, Capt. Fred Kangwamu asked for a long adjournment to allow him time to transport witnesses from Mogadishu.
Share this page
- Kenya to deploy more security forces in troubled Garissa town following attacks
- Somali militants behead abducted Kenyan driver
- Somali Govt to Extend Cash Rewards Program for Information On Al-Shabaab
- UN spends millions on security programs for terror-afflicted Somalia without overseeing results
- Somali child soldiers ‘punished’ in foreign-funded camps: UN
Don’t steal content!
We worked realy hard to realize this website. We put a lot of money in this project. It wouldn’t be fair if you take profit of our investments. If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter, mail your friends or set a link on your website. But please don’t copy the article without permission.