UPDF peacekeeper killed over dollar
Nairobi (Keydmedia) - A UPDF Corporal serving under the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) is in the docks for killing his colleague over a dollar in the line of duty.
Katwesigye, aged 30 allegedly committed the offence at Fasta factory in Yaqshida district in the Somali capital.
The accused is attached to the UPDF engineering brigade.
Appearing before the General Court Martial in Kampala, he was on Tuesday also charged with failure to protect war materials.
Court presided over by Brigadier Charles Angina, the trial chairman heard that Katwesigye shot dead Mungyera using an AK47 sub machine gun on February 16, 2012 after he demanded him to refund his dollar but he declined.
The state alleges that the accused failed to protect war materials when he misused the ammunition he used to kill his colleague.
Katwesigye denied the charges and was remanded until June 5.
The state prosecutor, Capt. Fred Kangwamu asked for a long adjournment to allow him time to transport witnesses from Mogadishu.
Share this page
- Somali Defence minister in Guriel city to defuse internal conflict
- Somalia Govt troops forcibly evict IDP families in Mogadishu make-shift Camps
- Man on most-wanted terror list detained in Somalia, official says
- Somalia and Somaliland fail to resume Istanbul talks
- Somali court fines Radio owner, 3 reporters for “Incitement and False ” Ebola reporting
Don’t steal content!
We worked realy hard to realize this website. We put a lot of money in this project. It wouldn’t be fair if you take profit of our investments. If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter, mail your friends or set a link on your website. But please don’t copy the article without permission.