Warlord Gaandi appoints new commander for his militias in Somalia battle
KISMAYU, Somalia (Keydmedia) – Somali warlord Gandi has on Saturday appointed Ismail Shahardid as new militias commander following the dismissal of General Yousuf Ahmed ‘Dhuumal’ to led the ongoing combat in the country, Keydmedia reports.
The new Gandi militas commander was appointed in a ceremony held in Liboya town, Kenya’s north east province, straddling Somalia border and he is expected to boost up the country’s long running conflict that warlord and renegade Gandi just playing a major responsibility.
Sources said Mr. Shahardid is close ally and clan-mate to Gandi and he promised to fuel the Fighting in Southwestern Region to take over the port town of Kismayu from Al-shabab rebels.
The clan militias are getting military support from Kenyan forces who have illegally invaded Somalia in mid last October under pretext of fighting against Al-shabab rebels, whom Nairobi blames for the killings and kidnappings against its citeznes and foreigners.
Keydmedia.net - Mogadishu, Somalia
Share this page
- Kenya to deploy more security forces in troubled Garissa town following attacks
- Somali militants behead abducted Kenyan driver
- Somali Govt to Extend Cash Rewards Program for Information On Al-Shabaab
- UN spends millions on security programs for terror-afflicted Somalia without overseeing results
- Somali child soldiers ‘punished’ in foreign-funded camps: UN
Don’t steal content!
We worked realy hard to realize this website. We put a lot of money in this project. It wouldn’t be fair if you take profit of our investments. If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter, mail your friends or set a link on your website. But please don’t copy the article without permission.