Somali woman allegedly raped by soldiers sentenced to prison for ‘insulting government’
Mogadishu (KON) - A court official in Mogadishu says that a woman who has said she was raped by security forces has been sentenced to one year in prison. A reporter was also given the same sentence.
Human rights groups have decried the case as politically motivated because the woman had accused security forces of the sexual assault.
Farah said the woman’s prison term would be delayed by one year so she could care for her young child.
The alleged rape victim was charged with insulting a government body, inducing false evidence, simulating a criminal offence and making a false accusation.
Journalist Abdiaziz Abdinur was charged with insulting a government body and inducing the woman to give false evidence.
Share this page
- A prominent Somali Elder shot dead in Kismayo
- Somali PM: “Those who carried out this cowardly attack will face justice”
- Bill Clinton ‘Surprised’ at Black Hawk Down Raid
- Somali lawmaker killed by car bomb in Mogadishu
- Somalia: One police dead and several injured after attempted jail break in Hargeisa
Don’t steal content!
We worked realy hard to realize this website. We put a lot of money in this project. It wouldn’t be fair if you take profit of our investments. If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter, mail your friends or set a link on your website. But please don’t copy the article without permission.