Somalia: Blast on Beachfront Restaurant Kills 1
MOGADISHU (KON) — A Somali police officer says a car bomb detonated by remote control has killed one person and wounded two others in Somalia's capital.
Mohamed Hassan said Saturday the explosion took place in the parking area of a popular beachfront restaurant in the Lido area of Mogadishu frequented by Somali officials and city residents.
The restaurant called Lido Seafood was opened last year following the ouster of al-Qaida-linked militants from the seaside capital.
Hassan says the blast also destroyed cars. The attack was likely carried out by al-Shabab, a group of Islamic extremist rebels who have been fighting the Somali government for nearly six years. Africa Union forces pushed the al-Qaida-affiliated group out of Mogadishu in August 2011 but the rebels continue to carry out attacks in the capital.
Share this page
- Somaliland forces seize Saah Dheer town following fighting with Khatumo fighters
- Eight more killed in Mandera inter-clan clashes
- More migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea this summer: UNHCR
- Father sentenced to six month for not reporting his Al Shabaab son
- Presidential doctor wounded in Djibouti shooting, president unhurt
Don’t steal content!
We worked realy hard to realize this website. We put a lot of money in this project. It wouldn’t be fair if you take profit of our investments. If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter, mail your friends or set a link on your website. But please don’t copy the article without permission.