Somalia: Blast on Beachfront Restaurant Kills 1
MOGADISHU (KON) — A Somali police officer says a car bomb detonated by remote control has killed one person and wounded two others in Somalia's capital.
Mohamed Hassan said Saturday the explosion took place in the parking area of a popular beachfront restaurant in the Lido area of Mogadishu frequented by Somali officials and city residents.
The restaurant called Lido Seafood was opened last year following the ouster of al-Qaida-linked militants from the seaside capital.
Hassan says the blast also destroyed cars. The attack was likely carried out by al-Shabab, a group of Islamic extremist rebels who have been fighting the Somali government for nearly six years. Africa Union forces pushed the al-Qaida-affiliated group out of Mogadishu in August 2011 but the rebels continue to carry out attacks in the capital.
Share this page
- Somali army to deploy drones against Al-Shabaab
- Al shabaab leaders in deadlock over cutting Al Qaeda affiliation and ISIS merger
- Somali Defence minister in Guriel city to defuse internal conflict
- Somalia Govt troops forcibly evict IDP families in Mogadishu make-shift Camps
- Man on most-wanted terror list detained in Somalia, official says
Don’t steal content!
We worked realy hard to realize this website. We put a lot of money in this project. It wouldn’t be fair if you take profit of our investments. If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter, mail your friends or set a link on your website. But please don’t copy the article without permission.