Somali military forces vacate town, allowing Al shabaab to come back
JANALE, Somalia (KON) -- Somalia's armed forces have vacated town in south of the country, allowing Al shabaab rebels to return and take over the city without a battle, KON reports.
Hundreds of gun-toting Al shabaab fighters in fighting vehicles poured into Janale town, 110Km south of Mogadishu shortly after Somali army left the town on Sunday night for unknown reasons, according to the residents.
"We woke up to our city controlling by Al shabaab militants standing at every corner, searching houses and telling people that Janale is under their control through loudspeakers mounted in cars," said a resident who resisted to remain anonymous for security reasons.
The take-over of Janale becomes the 3rd town in Lower Shabelle region recaptured by the militants who are staging 7-years insurgency to unseat to UN-mandated Somali federal government based in Mogadishu.
KON English News Service
Share this page
- Faah-fahain: waxa lagu sheego “Dagaalkii Beelaha Habar-Gidir iyo Biyomaal“
- Xasan Shiikh & Jawaari Hortaagan Mooshinka laga Geeyay Axmed Madoobe
- Shirkad laga leeyahay Turkey oo Ilaalinaysa Tayada Badeecadaha soo gala Soomaaliya
- Ciidanka Kenya oo Gacan ka siinaya Shirkado shisheeye Dhoofinta Dhuxusha Soomaaliya
- Kuwii dilay Xildhibaan Yuusuf Dirir Cadaalada mala horkjeeni doonaa?
Don’t steal content!
We worked realy hard to realize this website. We put a lot of money in this project. It wouldn’t be fair if you take profit of our investments. If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter, mail your friends or set a link on your website. But please don’t copy the article without permission.