Somalia’s police chief is dead and suspicions of conspiracy are high
MOGADISHU (KON) - Somalia's Police Commissioner General Mohamed Sheikh Hassan Ismail has died, officials said. A probe has been ordered into his death.
The official unexpectedly fell and died in the course of his normal daily business, reported Xinhua.
The Prime Minister's Office confirmed the death and said a ministerial commission has been formed to investigate the death of the commissioner who was a close ally to the prime minister.
"We are shocked by the sudden death of Commissioner Gen. Mohamed Sheikh Hassan Ismail," said Prime Minister Abdiweli Sheikh Ahmed.
Speaking to the government's Radio Mogadishu from Abu Dhabi, President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud called the death "a sudden shock".
Sources told Xinhua that several people, including the workers of the restaurant in which the commissioner had lunch and several of his closest staff, were arrested for investigation and were being interrogated.
Share this page
- Xukuumadda oo Taliye KMG ah u Magacawday Booliska Soomaaliyeed “Dhegeyso”
- Exclusive: Meydka Taliyihii Booliska oo Nairobi lagu Baarayo
- Mareykanka oo ka Digay Weerarro Al-shabaab ka Fuliso Burundi
- AMISOM oo Dad Shacab ah ku Dhaawacday Marko, Guryana Gubtay “Dhegeyso”
- Dhaqaatiir loo xiray Geerida Taliyaha Ciidanka Booliska - Cirbad Sun ah oo lagu duray?
Don’t steal content!
We worked realy hard to realize this website. We put a lot of money in this project. It wouldn’t be fair if you take profit of our investments. If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter, mail your friends or set a link on your website. But please don’t copy the article without permission.